Wednesday 2 June 2010

"Drake - Thank Me Later - Album Review.."



Drake's album leaked today now I shouldn't really have downloaded it but I just had to get my hands on it to see what exactly it was like. I can't say I've been disappointed, now a lot of hip hop fans are gonna complain and say Drake is singing a lot on the album. This is nothing new though, Drake sings and raps he has done on "Room For Improvement", "Comeback Season" and on the smash mix-tape "So Far Gone". This album has a feel of victory, sort of celebration to it, it clear drake sees this as a fantastic moment in his career and this album reflects that.


The first single "Over" we've all heard and if you've not you are seriously behind. Over is a good good track, Find your love the 2nd single off the album is another good track, My favourite track on the album is "Shut it down" Featuring The Dream, there's also a very very good track featuring Alicia Keys called "Fireworks". For me the best song on the album is "The Resistance". This album also features the likes of Jay Z, Lil Wayne, Swizz Beatz, Young Jeezy and Nicki Minaj. Also features production from Timbaland, Boi1da, Kanye West, 40, No I.D., Omen and many more.


For me this album is not a classic album but it is a very very good official debut in the game. No matter what any one says Drake has a lot of very good tracks on this album and the fact he sings doesn't diminish this fact but instead show the man has many talents and uses them to his full effect.


Peace 


A x

No comments:

Post a Comment