Wednesday 16 June 2010

"Who Killed It ?..... Drake."

What has happened to one of the most powerful genre's of music every to be spread to the world? In the 80s/90s hip hop was about the issues and making a statement, I definitely agree the world and times have changed so there may not be the need to be so radical with the music but in the last 3 years if you want me to name real REAL hip hop album I would list:


Lil Wayne - The Carter III


Eminem - Relapse 


Fabolous - Loso's Way


Jay Z - Blueprint 3


50 Cent - Before I Self Destruct


Nas - Untitled


T.I. - Paper Trail


The Game - LAX


Rick Ross - Maybach Music


This year I was expecting big things from Drake especially after being a big fan of all his mixtapes and his previous work which gave him so much hype. I have to say with this latest album he has not delivered, its not a hip hop album its more of an RnB album with him rapping on it a bit. With a title like Thank Me Later he is putting himself in the firing like to deliver and to be honest he hasn't. 


If you compare thank me later as a Hip Hop album to any of the above mentioned album he doesn't measure up what so ever. 


Look like Drake has a lot of work to do to considered a hip hop great....


Peace


A x

No comments:

Post a Comment